September 30, 2010

Alameda SOS Proposed Lawn Sign

AlamedaSOS lawn sign
Wee, found my old blog site. Still seem to be completely apathetic. Life is too busy. But found a couple of new causes that is "stirring" me. So using my old platform for it.

We live in Alameda (great, now my identity theft score is probably rising). Anyway, schools have no money and they are proposing shutting some down in a couple of years. The Measure that was meant to keep things alive did not pass over the summer and others are expiring. Not that I think those are the right answers but for what it's worth - it's really, really bad now. Did I mention we moved here because of the school? Did I mention we bought at the height of the market? Niiiice. It's a perfect town storm brewing.

I'll post some content on this topic here later but image here is a tongue-in-cheek proposal of what our next lawn sign should be. Have to give credit to husband for funny idea. But his idea is to actually have most of Alameda put their houses up for sale for real to drive media attention. Hmmm....

Read more about AlamedaSOS here.

No comments: